Thursday, February 17, 2011

too much at once

Sometimes too many things happen at one time and chaos reigns for a few minutes.

It's 8:30 am and Kellyn is crying because she's hungry. She is also because she is tired from waking up an hour earlier than normal after going to bed half an hour late. Her crying escalates as I prepare her food.

Just as I pick her up to go eat, Alyna informs me she needs to poop. So I put Kellyn back down and take Alyna to the bathroom and get her situated. Since there's no telling how long it will take, I go ahead and take Kellyn to her high chair. She's crying so much though that she won't eat.

So Kellyn is now crying very loudly, Alyna shouts that she pooped in the potty and needs me to come wipe her, and Ryan walks up and says "yuck" showing me his messy hands. Apparently a toy ball mysteriously landed in the bowl of yogurt and he got yogurt all over his hand during its retrieval.

UGH!!!

So I leave the crying baby, and take Ryan to the bathroom with me. I turn the water on for him to rinse his hands off while I wipe Alyna's bottom and get her situated. I finish washing Ryan's hands, give Alyna her sticker, and finally return to a screaming Kellyn.

It takes a pacifier, diaper change, and some songs to calm Kellyn down enough that she would actually eat something. Then she went down for her nap without much of a fuss. Poor girl...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sometimes it seems like they gang up on you!