Sunday, February 13, 2011

Long night

Last night was one of many long nights we've had juggling 3 kids under the age of 3. At least when a child is sick I can understand it... not that it's any easier on my body.

We've all had colds this week, and I thought we were all getting over it, but Ryan's cough became progressively worse throughout the day yesterday.

Last night he coughed a lot at bedtime of 7:45, and went to sleep only to wake up again at: 9:30, 11:10, and 12:09. When he didn't stop coughing by 12:30 Barry moved to the couch in the living room and I brought Ryan into our bed so I didn't have to get up every time he needed to sit up and cough or take a drink.

We had a humidifier running right beside the bed, rubbed vapoRub on his chest, and let him eat spoonfuls of raw honey at regular intervals. He didn't have any fever, but we did give him a little tylenol to help with the pain in his throat. The poor kid just kept coughing until after 2:15 am.

He finally fell asleep for real around 2:30, and Kellyn woke up at 2:40. It took Barry 20 minutes to put her back to sleep, only for her to wake up again at 3:40. I fed her and then she seemed wide awake and just wouldn't fall asleep until 4:30. She wasn't really crying, just fussing enough for me to have to keep going in to sooth her a bit every 5-10 minutes.

Then I got to sleep until 5:19 when Ryan woke up coughing again. He coughed off and on until Alyna and Kellyn both woke up at 6:30 am.

No comments: