Friday, May 21, 2010

Feelings

This is one of those mornings where I feel like putting away all the toys that require any help/assistance from Mommy. When Barry starts a shift after I've had a couple nights of very little sleep, I feel very cranky. Two toddlers constantly wanting my attention seems overwhelming.

They are playing with some of Barry's old transformer toys, and whenever they become mis-shapen, I have to fix them. That's about every 2 minutes. The shapes cookie jar also requires assistance because they can't always get it to fit in right. Mommy even has to be sitting right there on the floor for Alyna to do her puzzles even though she has them memorized and can do them herself.

The reason for the lack of sleep is that both twins have molars coming in, and sometimes wake up at night and scream. They usually go right back to sleep, but it's enough to wake me up every couple hours. The past 2 days, Ryan spiked a fever of about 102, and was very fussy and uncomfortable. It's not fun when you don't really know what's wrong. His temperature is back to normal today, but he's still fussy.

BUT... I also feel blessed.

I'm officially in the 3rd trimester with Kellyn. Aside from normal pregnancy fatigue and always being HOT, everything is going well. Nights where the twins let me sleep all night long, I usually feel great the next day.

This week I took the screening for gestational diabetes, and it was negative.

My thyroid levels, which were irregular during the twins' pregnancy, were also normal.

No comments: