Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mommy kisses

Whenever my siblings and I got hurt as a kid, my mom would kiss where it hurt. If we hurt our finger she'd say, "either the pain will be gone in the morning or the finger will." We'd laugh... which helps with the pain too I'm sure.

Yesterday, Alyna smashed her thumb in a drawer so I picked her up and kissed her thumb. Later that day she got a paper cut on her hand from the phone book, and I kissed her hand again. Both times it seemed to help her.

This morning she was playing with some toys and started crying (I didn't see what happened exactly). As I approached her she looked at her hand, crying, and held her hand out for me to kiss.

I guess Mommy kisses really do have healing power.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

They do! This is a precious story.