Friday, July 31, 2009

here it comes

I can't believe tomorrow starts August... In just about 6 weeks, my babies will turn 1. Aside from all the emotional implications of that statement, this fact stands out in my mind: it's time to start planning the birthday bash.

I say "bash" because we're going to include my and Barry's birthday as well. The twins were actually born on Barry's 30th birthday, and my 30th birthday is only 3 weeks before theirs. Needless to say, Barry didn't get a real party last year.

So we're going to have a big party. Hopefully we'll manage to keep the guest list to under 40 friends plus ourselves and both grandmas. Yes, both my mom and Barry's mom have plans to come here for the weekend, and that excites me beyond anything else. They were such a big help to me in the month after the twins were born that they deserve to share in the joy of the occasion.

Right now all we have is a tentative menu and guest list. I need to start putting together all my lists of stuff to do and buy...

No comments: