Monday, June 8, 2009

It warms my heart.

There have been some precious moments this week that I thought I'd share.

---------------------------------------

On Saturday night Barry returned home from work at 7:30 pm, as usual when he's working days, the babies were already asleep in bed. At the 10 pm feeding, he had Ryan, and I had Alyna. We talked quietly as we fed the half-sleeping babies. When Alyna finished her bottle she sat up and started talking to the figure across the room, Daddy. He didn't think she could see him in the dim light, but she knew he was there. After he put Ryan down, and I had changed her diaper, he picked her up, and she squealed with delight. This was his second day of work, so she hadn't seen him for 2 days. Her voice was high pitched and her arms were bouncing up and down. It was almost sad that we had to put her back to sleep. She misses him so much when he's at work. They may not notice that he's not here, but they both notice when he gets back.

---------------------------------------

I had a huge smile on my face the other day when I realized what was going on. Ryan had been following Alyna from toy to toy that morning, always wanting to play with whatever she was playing with. When she'd get annoyed that he took over the toy, she'd move on to something else without much of a fuss.

I was in the kitchen to fix my lunch, and I heard Ryan make a happy squall. Then I heard another squeal that was slightly different. Ryan and Alyna were talking to each other. It kept going back and forth for quite a while.

Then I realized Ryan was standing at the baby gate, and Alyna had followed him and was about a foot away from it. That's one of Ryan's favorite areas to explore because Henrey's pillow and crate are there, and it looks into the entryway. Alyna hadn't been over there much though. I continued making my lunch and when I got back in the living room with it, Alyna had pulled up on the baby gate and Ryan was off exploring a few feet away. She soon went off and followed him there too. It was like he was showing and telling her about that part of the room.

No comments: