Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ryan's amazing talent...

I'm sure he broke a record somewhere with this.

I was changing Ryan's messy diaper... ( yes, it's as ominous as it sounds )

I had his legs lifted to wipe his bottom which was really messy. "Phhttt". Projectile poop flies 4 feet, out into the hallway hitting the changing table, wall, and both door jams on the way. I promptly yelled for help from my sister who was napping in the next room. Luckily it missed all the carpet in the bedroom and landed on the hardwood floor in the hall so cleanup was easy.

BUT then...

While I was cleaning Ryan's bottom for the second time, "Fssssss." Projectile pee cascaded all the way to the wall 4 feet behind Ryan's head, getting everything wet in between. So I quickly covered him with the wipe in my hand and then a diaper until he was done.

AND then...

While I was trying to fit the 2nd new diaper under his bottom, "Weeee." More projectile pee soaks mommy's shirt all down the front.

I quickly maneuvered the 3rd clean diaper onto his bottom, put new clothes on him, and placed him in the crib to watch the mobile while I cleaned up the pee on everything and myself.

What an adventure...

4 comments:

April said...

LOL!!! That is great. I know, I know, it's not so great when you're in the middle of the mess...but it is truly a rite of passage! I think it happens to us all...we've been there...more than once! :) Thanks for sharing.

Daniel N. Lee said...

Atta-boy...

PS: you might want to update your "About Me" section now.

Nicole said...

At least he didn't get you in the face! I think body ewws on the wall is a rite of passage. I had to repaint the wall from Braedon. We also composed a new song called "Poop's Much Better When It's Not on the Walls." After an incident last week, I'm now signing the "Stairs" version.

deltasierra said...

I've experienced some projectile poop before (but not on that scale! Wow!), but it was in my parents' house. On their living room rug. WHOOPS.

Thankfully, the color was almost the same, so it cleaned up all right with no stains.

That's a powerful kid! Makes me think of the Huggies commercial, where the dad is changing the diaper, and the baby powersprays the ceiling, pictures, walls, etc, until the dad gets the diaper on. CRACKED ME UP. :D