Monday, September 13, 2010

3 week update

I'm tired... but that's to be expected. At 3 1/2 weeks old, Kellyn is an easy baby. She eats well when she wants to eat, and sleeps well when she wants to sleep. She still sleeps for long stretches at night as long as she's eaten enough during the day. 2 nights this week she's gone for 8 hours between feedings and I've woken her up at about 5 am to eat. Of course, we've also had a couple nights like last night where she just won't settle into that deep sleep until around midnight and keeps waking up every 20 minutes or so for various reasons. Kellyn has baby acne really badly over her neck and face right now, but there's not really anything we can do about it but wait it out. It's already getting better on her forehead which is where it got bad first.

Alyna and Ryan seem to be having lots of trouble sleeping right now. They had small colds last week, and I think both have the last few teeth pushing into their mouths too. They keep waking up way before 6:30 am (their usual time) and taking much shorter naps than usual as well. It makes for 2 whiny almost 2 year olds during the daytime.

They are both talking a lot more each day. Alyna is working on full sentences like, "I need help" (to get up into the booster seat), and "I ready go play." It's nice when I decipher a word like "pie" into "play" because knowing what she wants takes a little bit of the frustration out of my day.

3 of the 5 members of our househole have birthdays on Wednesday, September 15. Ryan and Alyna turn 2, and they were born on their Daddy's 30th birthday... you do the math. Barry's parents are still here, and since Barry is working a lot this week, we actually did their birthday party last week. I'll post pictures of that later. I figure I had this whole week to work that out.

Kellyn is crying... gotta go feed my littlest munchkin...

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Oh Kara, bless your heart! The fact that you even had enough sanity to type a blog for the rest of us to "catch up" is amazing! I am so glad for you that Kellyn is sleeping most nights, but I am sure that you still have the "newborn haze" over your eyes. This tage will go by so quickly, though I know the days seem very long right now.

Happy birthday to the twins and your husband!