Friday, April 2, 2010

Grandma's visit

Grandma (my mom) arrived last night. The twins watched the movie "Cars" on the van's DVD player, and it was on the credits just as I pulled into the airport parking lot. It actually wasn't a bad soundtrack to drive to, though I do look forward to the day when they can use the headphones with it. After we found Grandma, we ate dinner and did some shopping before heading home just after their normal bed time. They slept the whole way home and the transition to the cribs was easy once we were home.

They were tired and fussy this morning... I think they though Mommy was leaving because Grandma was here. We've had fun playing and taking a walk. Grandma is busy at the sewing machine making some denim and kahki play pants and shorts. Ryan's waist is so small it's hard to find pants that fit him.

We've got a busy week ahead, and are really glad she's here.

2 comments:

Matt Lee said...

we really enjoyed talking to Ryan on the phone tonight. he's a chatter box

Deborah said...

Have fun with Grandma! Those times are so sweet. I have lived away from my parents for all but nine months of Joshua's 8 1/2 years. The best thing is that we treasure every moment when we are together. I know you do too.