Saturday, May 2, 2009

progressing

The teeth still haven't popped through, and they're still fussy and sometimes feverish.

Ryan now can go from crawling to the sitting position and has pulled up to standing a couple times. It's time to lower the crib mattress.

Alyna is just starting to realize she can go from sitting to crawling without doing a faceplant and hurting herself. For the last week she would just play with what's around her if she was sitting up. Then she would fuss when she got bored. If I put her on her back she'd roll over and crawl all over the place.

No one told me that if a baby chewed on a cardboard book long enough it would disentigrate in his mouth. I guess I should have known. Well, we definitely won't leave the books down in Ryan's reach anymore. He chewed off half the back page of the Brown Bear book yesterday. He was really upset that I took it away.

They are both eating well, and we've used sippy cups a couple times. Alyna doesn't seem to mind the cup, but she sometimes gags on the amount of liquid that comes out at once. Ryan doesn't want to mess with learning how to drink from it right now.

We had our first playdate with some neighbors yesterday. She's the youth minister's wife at another local church and has a 4 year old girl and 1 year old son. It will be good to have friends in the neighborhood.

I hear the nap time fussiness starting.... gotta go start the routine.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Um, yeah, they can eat through a book.... ;)

BTW-some great transition sippies are the Nuby ones. They are kind of like a cross between a nipple and sippy. That's what both my sister and I used to transition the kids. However, they leak really bad so I think we both used them for about a week and then transitioned onto something else.